San Choi Bao
SAN CHOI BAO
- 500 gm pork mince
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 2 inch piece ginger, peeled, julienned
- 100 gm shitake mushroom, finely sliced
- 1 coriander root, chopped
- Dried chilli flakes, to taste
- 2 Tbsp. peanut oil
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. caster sugar
- 8-10 iceberg lettuce leaves, trimmed
- 100 gm bean sprouts
- 1 bunch assorted Asian herbs
- 2 long red chillies, finely sliced
- ¼ cup roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Over a high heat, place peanut oil and sesame oil in a large wok and heat until smoking.
- Add pork mince in 2 separate batches, stirring constantly until browned. Scoop out pork using a slotted spoon (I used a sieve) to ensure the pork juice and fat remains in the wok. Set aside.
- Add garlic, onion, ginger and chilli flakes and fry off for approximately 1 minute.
- Add mushroom and mix together for a further 1 minute.
- Deglaze wok with soy sauce, oyster sauce and rice wine vinegar and stir fry until well combined.
- Return browned pork mince to wok and toss to combine. Add sugar and continue to toss until dissolved and combined.
- Toss through coriander root just before serving.
- Transfer to a serving bowl together with lettuce cups, peanuts, bean sprouts, Asian herbs and fresh chilli to share.
Comments are closed